Saturday, September 28, 2013

Not a bad day at all

I got up early and hit the gun show at the club. It is usually just a few club members selling a few things, but, it only cost a buck to get in. How can I go wrong? There were a lot of tables and a few vendors I deal with quite regularly.  I scored four hundred additional rounds of ammo to feed my garand, or 03. I picked up a Webley WWII revolver to add to my collection, as well as a cool little .22 caliber cowboy gun to plink with at the range. From there, I headed up to meet a friend from work at the local tavern for lunch. I have been by there many times, but never stopped in. The food is great and the waitress was a blast. From there, I headed over to my buddies house out in the country to check out his bow. Bows have changed dramatically from the ones I played with as a kid. He was showing me what to look for when shopping and some of the more desirable features. The fiber optic site was really great. It looked like it was battery operated, but it merely collected light from the coils and directed it to the site. The new carbon fiber arrows are so light. The technology of new archery equipment is just incredible. May get to go dove hunting during the week. Something different to do. It is getting harder to find open places to hunt as some areas develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment