Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Didn't make the final cut

Jury duty day. I did make it to the first draft, but, I wasn't one of the few picked for the trial. It was a simple DUI case. They pick double what they need, question one and all, then choose their jury.  I am good for two years now though. Managed to get home by eleven, so it was an interesting day. New grill is great. I did not realize how bad the old one was until I used the new one. Burners must be completely shot on the old one. It was almost ten years old, so I did get my moneys worth out of it. BBQ ribs today with corn on the cob and baked potato. Cooks a lot quicker and more controllable as well.

Did get around to building my TV shelf above fireplace. I love it. It moved the TV away from the front room window so I can now open the windows and it lights the room up better. Makes the room look bigger too. Need to trim out the fireplace yet. They tiled around it with plain white tiles when they built house. I am going to brick it and run case moldings around it. Built a shelf under the TV for cable box, DVR, and receiver. This weekend is the Indy 1500. I am hoping on getting weekend off, but not counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment