Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crowded

Got up and hit the gun show this morning. I can't get over how crowded the shows are getting again. Haven't seen them this crowded since Nobama was elected. It was packed. They have a lot of new vendors there. It use to be a show that I hit if I had time. Now, with the new vendors, it is almost as good as the armory show. I saw most of it. I got tired of the crowd and gave up. May hit it again tomorrow if it isn't crowded. I wanted to pick up a couple mags for the M1A and look through the new booths. I saw some interesting books and various other items I was interested in, but when the crowd is pushing and you can't see or search, it is time to leave. One guy brought his twins, in their stroller, and was going down the isle and stopping, bringing the entire isle to a halt. They need a no stroller rule for fools that don't have enough sense not to bring a stroller as wide as the isle to the gun show.

Pick up my Uberti open top tomorrow afternoon. I'll pack the truck in the morning, hit the gun show, hit the FFL dealer and pick up the pistol, then it is off to the club. It is suppose to be in the 50's and sunny. Hope to shoot the M1A and the new .22. After that, try out the .45 open top at cowboy town. May see if the skeet area is open and try out the new shot gun. Did some errands out of the way today. Picked up a pair of slip on steel toe safety shoes. The work boots are killing me by the end of the day. Everyone swears by the safety tennis shoes, but they had a nice set of steel toe loafers that are extremely comfortable and have the no slip soles.

Went back to the butcher today and stocked up a little on some meat. Their prices are better than the grocery store and the quality is alot better as well. Made some ribs and au gratin for dinner. Throw in a little cinnamon apple sauce and some cheesy broccoli, and it was time for a nap. Chilled out for a little while in the afternoon. I picked up a dvd of the best of the Johny Cash show. I remember watching it when I was a little kid. His show had a lot of various musical talent that was just getting started back in the day. Brought back a lot of memories. It had Hank Jr when he was just a kid singing his dad's songs. Bob Dylan,CCR, Waylon Jennings, and many more. Waylon was still clean cut and in a suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment