Sunday, March 6, 2011

New toy on order


When I took one of the engineers from work out to the club to check out the facilities, he brought out his savage .17hmr plinker. It was a blast to shoot and accuracy was amazing. His had the thumbhole stock which was comfortable, but I prefer the more traditional look and I love walnut stocks. I went and ordered it today. Comes with scope mounted and sited for under $300 out the door. Should have it by next weekend.





I also owe a huge thanks to Tam from View from the Porch blog for pointing out the new scope mount for the Garand. I ordered one for my Garand. It is my favorite out of all my rifles. The main reason I wanted a M1A is the ability to mount a scope. This mount installs without butchering the garand in any way. It comes with mounting hardware. I also have a leupold scope to mount to it when it comes in. I used my Cabela points for the scope which was already on sale.  Hope it all comes in before vacation starts.


 You can find the mount at http://www.ulitimak.com/  along with many other mounts and scopes. What I really like is the fact that they bolt on without having to drill or modify the rifle as I could not and would not butcher a piece of history. Am looking forward to trying it with the scope. I  am going to get the new wiring harness installed on the mustang. Hope to get the hydraulic clutch mounted to the trans as well. I am going to pull and rebush the pedal assembly as well. If the weather is warm enough to allow it, I will paint the garage interior as well. The end of vacation is the Indy 1500 gun show, so that will be a fine end to the vacation. Five more work days to go til freedom. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment