Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mount is in/on

I got home from work and checked the mail. No bills, a netflix movie, and my scope mount. It's a good day. The directions are extremely well written and include step by step high def photos. Very nice product. It took a little under an hour, a few drops of blood, and a small sliver of skin. I swear the garand likes the taste of my blood. The trigger assembly usually nips me either on the way out, or going back in.


Assembly was very easy. You disassemble gun, slip a couple clamps around barrel, and bolt the scope mount on. You leave the bolts loose so you can adjust the mount after rifle is assembled.








In the above photo, you can see the clamps from underneath the barrel. They easily slip in place,and you can align the mount, and loosely tighten bolts to hold in place.



Here is the mount installed and the rifle fully assembled and ready for scope.

Here is the rifle with the scout scope mounted. The only way it would be better is if it was parkerized so it would match the rifle better, but it still looks great. Hope to take it to the range tomorrow if work doesn't have me beat flat by days end. Vacation starts after tomorrow, so it will make it out this weekend rain or shine. Hope to hear back from store about my savage I ordered. I want to get my reloading bench set up over the weekend as well. I have a lot I want to get done over vacation. One more longgggg day to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment