Sunday, September 14, 2014

Productive weekend

Finally forced myself to finish the fireplace project I started, shamefully several months ago. It shouldn't have taken that long. Only took about seven hours to complete. Should have done it months ago instead of leaving it looking half done. Great to have the living room looking presentable again, and the fireplace turned out very nice too. Waiting for everything to cure so I can take away some of the bracing, but that is just dry time.

I got my new C&R license Friday. Can't believe it's been three years since I got the first one. Renewing is a breeze as I only had to mail a copy of form to the sheriff's office instead of going in to get a signature like the first time you apply. Good for another three years now. Saw some delusional TV while working on the fireplace. Bill Maher came on, with Nancy Pelosi as his guest. WOW. Talk about a real life dumb and dumber. After watching the two babble about their twisted view of reality, I changed the channel. People actually liked those two, but, they were in DC.

Not much fun today, but got a ton of stuff done that needed doing. Managed to get my lathe moved and elevated so it's at a more comfortable level to work at. Hope on finishing up the work bench after I get off tomorrow. I have the Kennedy box I picked up at the fleamarket on the bench and some of the tools put away. Going to bring the Gerstner box inside. I will use it in the office for the tooling for my little table top mill. Trying to reorganize the garage so I have room to work out there. Would love to put another garage in back yard. Saw a neighbor do it  a few blocks down. Doesn't look bad at all. If I do it, I figure I will get rid of the shed and have garage built deep enough to have a space for yard stuff at the back of it with a separate door to get yard gear out without moving a vehicle. If I do that, it will be a couple years down the road. That would make it where I could actually use half my attached garage for a work shop and actually have room. Want to reinforce the floor in corner of my bedroom as well so I can move my big gun safe in the house and give me a bit more room at wall of garage.

 Oh well, back to work tomorrow. Hope it is better than last week. Last week was extra special. Went in Saturday and spent most of the day putting a machine back together. One of the guys blew the wheel up in it. Twenty inch diameter three inch wide wheel. When you blow one of those up, you need a change of shorts, maybe pants too. Got it reassembled and the job set back up. Just glad I'm not the guy who has to explain blowing up a thousand dollar wheel. Main thing is nobody got hurt. I was amazed the Lexan window held the shrapnel inside the machine. With the machine show over with in Chicago, hopefully I can get hold of the service people on one of the other machines I am working on. Love to go to the machine show one of these years. When it is going on, it pretty much cripples getting hold of any service people in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment