Sunday, May 29, 2016

Well, that was a lot of work.

Took three trips to Menards for river rock. Front yard is just about done. I put all but the last couple hundred pounds down. Use it tomorrow to fill in the areas that look a bit light. They look good now, but fresh eyes tomorrow will probably show some light spots. I am chicken, so I took three trips. The loads were about 1500 pounds each. On the third trip, I was waiting on the guy with the forktruck. He was shaking his head. Customer he was loading up insisted on taking the full load. He had retaining wall block stacked way over the truck bed, wheels about rubbing, truck way down low. Wasn't a 350 or a 450, just a F150 like mine. Didn't see him on the side of the road on the way home, so I assume he went the other way. No way he made his destination with that load. I am just glad to be done with that job. Wasn't looking forward to it. If I can still move tomorrow, I may go back and pick up a bit more for the backyard. Did it last year, or the year before. Have a few light spots that could use a bit more. They have a great sale going on it, but it ends tomorrow. Kind of makes me have to get off my tail and get it done. Have to go back to work so I can rest:)

No comments:

Post a Comment