Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving




Sitting indoors relaxing for the day. Made a turkey yesterday so I don't have to spend the whole day cooking. I usually do just a small turkey breast, but I figure I can vacuum pack and freeze some of the meat for later use, so I picked up a small turkey. Don't think I will poke my head out the door today. Some silly people will be out starting their Christmas shopping today. Day should be for one and all to enjoy with their families. I refuse to patronize businesses on holidays where people are forced to work when they should be at home with family and friends.


  


I cook way more often than I go out to eat, and not a huge fan of fast food. I made a family favorite with a twist. Just me and the dog as what little family I have left is a few hundred miles north, but he didn't complain about the turkey, so it mustn't have been too bad. I made a cheese puff from my mom's recipe book. The only twist I did was add a little shredded bacon in with it. Bacon makes everything better. I never post a recipe, but this one is good and fast and easy to make.

Cheese puff

1 cup flour (says to sift flour, but guys don't sift or ask for directions)
1/2 tsp salt
 1/8 tsp pepper
add 2 eggs and a 1/2 cup milk, beat until smooth
add another 1/2 cup milk and mix thoroughly, mix 1/2 cup shredded cheese in by hand. Cheddar is my favorite, but you can use anything. This is where I also mixed in some shredded bacon. It made a huge difference.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 9 inch square pan. Pour batter in. Sprinkle a minimum (more is better) 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees. May cook a bit faster if using dark nonstick pans.

Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving, Rich! We're trying to fatten your brother up. It's still not working, Hope to see you around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing all of you in a few weeks. I think my brother still has that teenage metabolism. All I have to do is be in the same room as food and I gain calories : )

    ReplyDelete