Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's here




I arrived home from work to a package on my stoop. My upper has arrived. I managed to get it assembled. All except for the bolt release. The roll pin they sent is a tad to thick. I tried putting it in, but it was trying to sheer so I stopped and removed it. I will pick one up from work tomorrow. For now, I put everything together and just looped a twist tie through roll pin hole to hold the release in place. I can remove tie and push pin in tomorrow evening. I still want to strip the upper and clean it before firing. I just couldn't wait to put it togeather to see how she looked and felt. I installed flip sights for the time being. I want to pick out a scope for it, but need to figure out what exactly I want. Sights flip out of way, so they will be good back up anyhow.



Hopefully, it will make it to the range this weekend. With the temps hovering around 107, range day may have to wait a little while. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment