Saturday, January 2, 2021

Vacation is almost over

 With the Covid nonsense, I wasn't able to go up north for Christmas. Last Christmas, the lady that boarded my dog lost her struggle with cancer. She was an awesome older lady. In her eighties. Up to a few years ago, when you dropped the dog off, she would get down and play with the dogs like a teenager. She was a wonderful lady and loved taking care of dogs. My back up kennel isn't taking dogs at present. Don't blame them. They too are an older couple, but they are also very wonderful with dogs. I was going to check out new places, but the Covid nonsense has everything messes up. I am very particular when it comes to my dog. I like to check the place out and see how the people are. Most of them have a policy in place where you don't come in, they come and get dog out of vehicle. I get it, some people are paranoid of the disease that kills .03 percent of the people that contract it, since the government and media have driven people crazy with fear. I missed seeing family and friends. 

I did enjoy spending time with my dog and getting things done around the house though. Two weeks off is awesome. I finally ripped the ceiling out of the bar downstairs. It was old stained staple up one foot tiles. I hated the poor lighting down there, and the ceiling tiles being stained and warped just took away from the room. The house was built in the forties. Whoever did the bar area finished it in knotty pine. They built a nice bar and the previous owner left his bar stools for me. May look at putting a pool table down there in the near future as well as an electric dart board. I installed a drop ceiling with recessed lighting. Turned out awesome. Armstrong makes what they call an EZ hang ceiling. Does away with the twist wires and eye hooks. You nail a bracket up every four foot on the rafters. You pinch two metal tabs and insert a rod with a hooked end. To level ceiling, you just pinch metal tabs and move rod up or down, release and it locks in place. WAY better and easier than the old twisted wire method. Went up very quick and leveled easy as well. I also liked how you can drop the ceiling only 2.5 inch from rafters if you want, which is what I did. Basement ceiling height is important if you are tall. Only thing left to do is go to Lowes and pick up a couple covers for the electical boxes. Didn't have any on hand. I also want to tie a light into the circuit so when I turn on the downstairs lights, a light will come on on the staircase. So, I will pick up a light for the stairs tomorrow as well. Hopefully wrap that little bit up in the morning. Then, clean the mess up and actually enjoy the downstairs. Other benefit of the drop ceiling is I can now access the wiring for upstairs. I want to run some more recepticals as well as relocate some. Also want to redo some lighting upstairs, and I can now actually access the wiring without tearing into the walls. 

Time off has been nice, but even after two weeks, I am not ready to go back to work. I have limited my outings so I don't have to be muzzled with a mask. Unfortunately, That ends Monday as I head back to work where I get daily temp checks, wear a mask all day, and get to listen to all the things that can help keep us safe. So tired of everywhere I go, you need a mask and some dumbass on the PA is telling we ar all in this together, wear a mask, social distance, and don't forget to wash your hands. I hate going out at all anymore. So tired of the hyped up panic in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment