Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Big step forward

 Another big move forward. The rotten maple in the front lawn is gone, finally. I can now move forward on the garage in the spring, finally. AND, I can now make it deeper with the tree gone. I will check with the builder and see if I can go thirty deep instead of twenty four foot. I am off Easter week, so I am hoping on getting a build date by then. I have waited a long time for this. 

The downstairs turned out great. New ceiling with drop in light panels is awesome. I put a light up in the staircase going to basement, so, I am really happy with the way it turned out. I also modified an unused area above the stairwell so it is now closet space for the office upstairs. 

Every weekend, I try to get another project done. This weekend, I am hoping to push back a section of wall in the office to allow shelving for DVDs and displays that are even with the wall. I am also hoping on getting the extra outlets for office wired up as well as running the wiring for the ceiling fan for the guest bedroom. It is the last room in the house that doesn't have ceiling lights. Can't believe nobody has upgraded the lighting in this house yet. I hate torch lights. I have installed ceiling fans throughout the home now. Hopefully by spring, I will have everything completely done inside and the garage going up. Still have some landscaping to do in the spring. Every year, I get a little more done. I like my gazebo, but I am hoping to upgrade it in a couple years into a year around sunroom. I already know what kit I will use, but, I can only do so much at a time, and the garage is the next BIG project. I want to get back to working on my 1967 mustang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment