Friday, March 25, 2016

New toys

Received my powder coating gun, powders and supplies today. Hope to hook up the stove over the weekend. I only have a week until I am on vacation and would like to play with some of my new toys. The end of my vacation week is the machine gun shoot so it should end with a bang. Want to get some more rearranging done in the garage. I hit a local consignment shop and scored an old Gerstner tool box and three drawer base for a really decent price. Need to clean it up a bit, but it should come in handy. Hope to do something about adding the garage to the backyard this year. Want to have the attached garage as more of a shop than a garage.

Hope to get some rock spread out around the front of the house and some bushes removed as well. With all the rain, removing the bushes should be relatively easy. Haven't decided on what to put in to replace them yet. May just put in rock and put some whiskey barrel planters around in spots for décor. Want to put in a couple more butterfly bushes. I had quite a few hummingbirds coming in last year. Am so glad to have some nice weather back again. Good to get outside and do something. I hate winter. Lawn equipment is ready. All oil changed and tuned up.

Got the flyer for this years NRA meeting. Louisville. Awesome. I can either drive there in the morning, spend the day and come home, or, get a hotel and spend a couple days. Have not decided yet. I was hoping on an artist I would like to see. Last year they had Hank Jr. This year is Tobi Keith. Not sure what he does as I prefer old country to the new stuff they call country. Outside of Reba, I don't much care for new country music. Still be nice to attend one of the big NRA banquets. I can see Trump and Cruz, for what that is worth. Would be cool to see Nugent. The banquet is on my birthday week, so I may just have to give myself a present.

No comments:

Post a Comment