Saturday, July 14, 2012

We finally got a decent rain



It rained hard last night and again during the day today. The grass needed it badly as do the farmers. Hasn't really cooled it off alot, but it is still much better than 110 degree we were getting. I got up and hit the auction this morning and made a day of it. The Colt huntsman and the Browning pistol both went for a decent price, so I skipped them. Jungle carbine went for $500. I already have one, but if it had gone cheap, I would have snatched it up. I could not, however, pass up the Luger. I managed to get an all numbers matching 1937 Luger, two magazines and a holster with tool for $1200. They generally go much higher. Left grip has a scratch in it and there is minor wear on the bluing, but all in all, I think it was a good deal. Most websites are listing them around $2000 without the accessories.





Metal is in great shape and everything matches. I stuck around to see the machine gun sell. It went around $6000 plus the stamps. There were some really nice deals to be made. They had a lot of old original western guns as well. They had a TNW1919 belt fed gun complete with tripod, belt , original crate, all documentation, oiler and accessories. It would have been a head turner at the range. It only went for around $3000 complete. It was definitely tempting. It is a semiauto but looks like a full auto. It shoots belted 30-06 which I usually see at the machine gun shoots.. This was one of the most interesting gun auctions I have been to so far. Some very unique pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment