Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Back on line

Laptop bit the dust. Battled through the Christmas crowd to get a new one at Christmas sale price. Still trying to resist urge to beat the old one into rubble. It won't let me transfer my  photos out no matter how I try. It can not see it's dvd burner. It does not want to see the flash drive. Hard drive on it is dying fast. Each startup reveals more bad sectors. I usually have photos backed up on cd, but failed to do so during the car rebuild. So much for Dell. The computer isn't that old. It does have a western digital hard drive. When I use to build my own desktop pc's, I quit using western digital due to the fact they have a high failure rate. They honored the warranty, but you get tired of packing up drive, sending it back, and waiting for a replacement to arrive. Not to mention having to reinstall everything including the operating system and all the updates.

Merry Christmas everyone. Stay warm and safe.

2 comments:

  1. Get one of those external hard drive boxes at Tiger Direct for $19. You can put your drive in it and it immediately acts like a remote drive, and you can usually rescue all your stuff.

    Sorry I missed you, hope your Christmas is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Rich, I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete