Saturday, December 14, 2013

Relaxation day

Started off the day making breakfast and having a cup of coffee. Then, it was off to the gun show. They had some interesting items, but next weekend is the gun auction and I am saving up for it. After doing some research, I finally picked out a new range. When I moved down here, the house came with an electric range. It is a nice self clean smooth glass top model, but, it's electric. Took advantage of the holiday and picked out a nice gas convection oven with five burners and a griddle that swaps with the fifth burner grate. I am looking forward to having a gas range again. I not only prefer gas, but it comes in handy during power failures. They don't happen often, but when they do, they are usually a few days at a time. I have lanterns and a gas fireplace, so I can survive rather comfy during power failures, but it will be nice being  able to use a range instead of having to use a grill in winter.

From there, I was off to Home Depot for some black pipe, fittings and electrical supplies. Have to run a gas line as the construction crew didn't bother putting a shut off back there. Have to convert the 220 outlet to a 110 as well. As luck would have it, I can tap a pipe on the other side of the wall where the oven resides. Just pop a hole and run the line.

2 comments:

  1. It's always good when you have the skills to do the job yourself. You've not posted on the Mustang lately...how is it?
    http://my1970camaro.blogspot.com/
    Cheers,
    Differ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been sitting. I have the drivetrain all together. I need to get a quote for getting a frame rail replaced. Hope to get that and the paint next year. Just been too busy with massive overtime this year to do much with it.

    ReplyDelete