Sunday, December 15, 2013

Now that's fast..........

I ordered a chest freezer last night from Lowes. I have been putting it off for some time, but when I go up for the holidays, I return with a years worth of pierogi. These are not regular store bought pierogi, but home made pierogi. One limitation has always been freezer space, but not anymore. Anyway, I ordered it yesterday evening online and selected free delivery. They tell you at the end, the store will call and schedule a delivery date. I am sitting down to eat dinner today and the doorbell rings. It's Lowes with my freezer. Luckily, I had already cleared the spot out for it so I would be ready later in the week. It' sitting there purring away. Now I can stock up with meat when they have their bulk sales. The butcher runs specials on quantities of meat. My one buddy told me about the ziplock vacuum bags. I have been using them for a couple months now and they are nice for eliminating freezer burn. Helps reduce space as well. It will be nice not having to stuff everything into the side by side.

2 comments:

  1. I have been using bags from this company and they work well.
    At a nickel a bag they are much less expensive than the name brand bags.
    http://shop.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/Vacuum-Sealer-Bags_c2.htm
    Was going through the bottom of a chest freezer and found some two year old vacuum bagged venison sausage that when I cooked it tasted like it was fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input. I will have to give them a shot.

    ReplyDelete