Sunday, December 3, 2017

That was a lot of work

Spent most of the day Cleaning gutters, again, and clearing leaves, again. Having several mature trees is great. Having neighbors with mature trees is great. It is a nice country feel when you get home, yet I am barely in the city, so everything is convenient. But, in the fall, the yard maintenance is brutal. This is the third heavy yard day in a few weeks. I have been cleaning them up weekly so I didn't have an unbelievable amount of leaves to try and get rid of. Trees are bare. Gutters are empty. Yard is cleared. We are done. My new Stihl leafblower was a huge help. Being gas, no extension cord to fight with. I used the gutter attachment to clean gutters out. It was extremely awkward, but beats lugging a ladder around. Not to mention I don't have a tall enough ladder to reach the back, and I lack the stones to walk over from the front, single story side, and bend over and empty gutters on two story side. Just can't stand heights, therefore, I don't deal with it. I will be looking for new gutters and gutter guards in the spring. Meant to have the window guy quote gutters while he was here, but it slipped my mind. I will have the remodeler I used at the old house to quote new gutters. I hope to have him do the garage, as well as some other repairs. I am gaining around the house. Did a lot of rearranging of things in kitchen and living room again and think I have it the way I want if finally. Two weeks away from vacation and having windows done.

No comments:

Post a Comment