Sunday, May 19, 2013

Relaxing day today

Hit the gun show this morning when it opened. Had a few nice rifles, but I resisted the urge. A couple Krags showed up. One rough and highly overpriced, the other, nice, but the stock had been sanded smooth and redone. Guy has a carbine at home, but doesn't want to part with it. I was hoping the gun safe dealer would be there. Seem a bit heavy and awkward to haul around, but he usually has a half dozen safes on display. Figured I would check and see if he wanted to drop one off by my house on the way back to his store if we could come to an agreeable price. Saw a nice M1 carbine, but the guy wanted the price of two for the one he had. Then again, his enfields were marked for about $500 each. I would be surprised with his prices if he sold anything at all.

Before leaving for the show, I made some homemade spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. Let it simmer all day. Beats the jarred stuff by quite a bit. Have enough to freeze some for an easy meal some time down the road. Back to work tomorrow. Should at least get two days off next weekend with  the holiday weekend. Hope to get my birthday moved  to the Friday before the Indy 1500 show. Be nice getting a couple long weekends in a row. It is doubtful, but one can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment