Saturday, May 17, 2014

This weather can stay year around

I went out and did the lawn work today. It was in the 50's outside. No sweating. Nice and comfy. No AC bill, no heating the house, perfect. Finally got all the weed whacking done and the last of the little loose twigs picked up from the tree removal the week before last. The yard is looking clean and green. That out of the way, off to the gun show. Picked up a lower hardware kit for the AR. I now have most of the materials I need to start my lower. I picked up a buffer tube as well so I can verify the threads on the lower when I cut them. Plan on cutting them on the lathe instead of buying an expensive tap for a limited use. The guy had some rather cool stocks as well. Probably pick one up at the show next month. It has a slot for storing an extra magazine. It also comes with a ten round magazine. Has some nice cushioned pistol grips for it as well.

Once done there, off to the butcher shop. Picked up a smoked pork butt and other assorted meats. The smell of a real butcher shop would make a great air freshener for the car. The whole place smells like a smokehouse. It is a bit of a drive, but well worth it. With the chest freezer, I stock up now so trips aren't too often. Their bacon is fantastic. Picked up bulk veggies as well. Love stir fry, and they have a bulk frozen veggie mix that is perfect. May have to hit the show again tomorrow. For the life of me I can't figure out what I did with my pocket knife. Meant to pick one up while I was there and forgot. It will show up once I have a replacement, but that just means I will have a spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment