Monday, March 4, 2013

Got a little feed back from my letters already

 
Thank you for contacting me to express your support for gun rights. It was a pleasure to hear from you.
We are in agreement that Congress and State law should support the constitutional right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. On June 26, 2008, our nation was presented with a significant legal victory when the Supreme Court upheld what I believe was the true intent of our founding fathers by ruling in Heller v Districtof Columbia that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to handgun ownership for purposes of self-defense.
In many ways, excessive gun control is as illogical as it is unconstitutional. Too much gun control can leave law-abiding citizens defenseless while doing very little to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. After all, people who are not deterred by laws against murder will not be deterred by laws that say you cannot have a gun.
Under the belief that firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens result in less, not more, crime, I will continue working to protect your constitutional right to gun ownership. I appreciate your input into this important matter and will keep your views in mind the next time that I am presented with legislation involving the rights of gun owners.
Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as Governor and have the benefit of your advice. If you would like more information on this or any other issue, please visit my website at www.in.gov/gov.
Sincerely,
Mike Pence
 
 
 
 
I am hoping on hearing back from all. Usually hear back from a few, but there are a couple hoosier politicians I am hoping will express their stance as they have not done so publicly yet, and I would like to know which side they are on before the next election.

No comments:

Post a Comment