Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally got to the range

What a day. Weather was fantastic. Upper 70's and sunny. I went over to cowboy town and shot for a few hours. Finally got good with the schoefield. It has a weird front sight that took a while to get use to. The army opentop I always did well with, but the schoefield always gave me problems. I forgot my lever action, so I was just shooting the rifle targets with the pistols as well. They have an assortment of reactive targets in a wide variety of layouts. I also had time to go to the rifle range area and shoot the garand. What a difference it makes when you can see the target. I have a hard time with iron sights. The scope made a huge difference. Took a little while to get her dialed in, but once that was done, started getting some decent groups. Definitely like the new scope and mount. I also bumped into the guy from the club that runs the combat shoots. They just started having them last year. They set up part of the cowboy shoot area with their own targets I have yet to see. They start their shoots next Saturday, so if I don't have to work, I will swing by and check it out. They are also setting up leagues for clays, so I may check that out as well. Trying to get a little more involved with the club this year. Back to work tomorrow. Hard to believe the week is gone already.

No comments:

Post a Comment