Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stupid Phone

Probably more like stupid me. I can't seem to get the pictures I took at yesterdays military show to download on my computer. Have to try again later when I don't feel like whipping it against a wall. It was a really nice show. They actually had a lot of military guns at this one. usually it is more flags (original bring backs, not repos), medals, uniforms, books and just about anything you can think of. I came out of it with a stack of sixties and seventies era American Rifleman magazines. A stack of them for five bucks.  Figured it would be pretty cool to see the old articles and the surplus guns going for a few bucks.

 Did notice names change, but the evil villain (gun control ) goes on through the ages. There are articles about the Dodd committee, and Ed Kennedy with his anti gun rhetoric. One article is about congress killing the ammo registration that was put into effect by Dodd. I was in first grade when most of that went down, so I am totally oblivious to the politics of the day. I don't have the issues with the 1968 gun control act being put through. It is interesting reading the early liberals attempts at banning guns and ammo. The ammo registration has Edward Kennedy arguing that they should have included .22 ammo in the registration act. Seeing as how his son Robert was killed by a .22, I suppose I could see how he would view such a thing. Would make one heck of a stack of paperwork though. Could you imagine every single box of .22 ammo having to be logged in a book somewhere.

I found a few items I wanted, just couldn't get the prices where I wanted them. I would have liked a  early ammo can (.303 brit) but the guy wouldn't budge on price. Next show is in April. I don't think I have hit that one before. Probably lines up with the spring machine gun shoot. Next weekend is the gun auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment